The Baltimore Architecture Foundation (BAF) is seeking an Event Planner for its 2019 Doors Open Baltimore event.
Doors Open Baltimore is an annual event held by major cities around the world to promote public appreciation of architecture and the built environment. This free event will welcome the public to explore Baltimore’s architecture from the past and present. Participating sites “open their doors” to the public for the weekend and free guided tours and special events are held at select sites.
The event planner manages outreach with participating sites and tour guides, coordinates overall event logistics, and works closely with Baltimore Architecture Foundation staff and the volunteer Doors Open Baltimore committee to ensure the objectives and deadlines are met.
The BAF will host the 6th Doors Open Baltimore on October 5-6, 10am – 4pm. The event will include approximately 50 participating sites and 12 guided tours. Partner organizations include museums, art studios, theaters, churches, social clubs, manufacturers, and more. Doors Open Baltimore is a major festival in Baltimore and continues to grow rapidly each year.
Visit last year’s website for more details. http://www.doorsopenbaltimore.org/
The Event Planner is an independent contractor with the Baltimore Architecture Foundation. The Event Planner will consult with BAF staff overseeing the event and will coordinate activities with the Doors Open Baltimore planning committee. The position will requires attending monthly planning meetings at the BAF offices, weekly meetings with BAF staff, and meetings with participating sites across the city as required. The event planner is also required to be available during the Doors Open Baltimore weekend on October 5-6 and the kick-off lecture the week of the event.
The position will begin on March 4 and carry through to the event on October 5-6. After the event, the event planner will attend the November 12 event debrief meeting and participate in providing feedback about the program.
Scope of Work
The Event Planner will be responsible for:
- Managing outreach with participating sites, including coordination of all site agreements and event information. Communicating and coordinating with participating sites leading up to the event date, including expectations and assisting with questions and concerns.
- Securing special events and communicating with special event contacts (tours, workshops, family activities, etc). This includes assisting with the Kick-Off lecture and the Volunteer Happy Hour.
- Identifying and communicating with community partners to include strategic partners, community associations and allied cultural organizations, institutions and neighborhood associations.
- Coordinating overall event logistics and manages the Doors Open Baltimore workplan in conjunction with BAF staff.
- Attending planning meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm at the AIABaltimore Chapter House.
- Updating and populating the Doors Open Baltimore WordPress website and communicating with the graphic design team.
- Responding to attendee questions through the Doors Open Baltimore Gmail account.
- Managing 2019 Doors Open Baltimore files on the Google Drive.
The Baltimore Architecture Foundation is offering a flat fee of $12,000.
About the Baltimore Architecture Foundation
Launched in 1987 by AIA Baltimore, the Baltimore Architecture Foundation is a non-profit educational organization with a focus on public outreach. The Foundation is a member-based organization with a board of directors drawn from the architectural, business, and cultural communities. http://baltimorearchitecture.org/
Email resume and cover letter to Nathan Dennies at firstname.lastname@example.org. The BAF is accepting applications through February 22.