The Groundhog Day party is this Saturday night
For more information on tickets and The Maryland Club, visit our main Groundhog Day Page. We’ve heard the weather report, and although we hope the snow passes us by, foul weather won’t put a damper on the party since we have toasty fireplaces and a fabulously comfortable space to occupy. Parking is on site in the Maryland Club lot. Guests can access the lot on the 900 block of N. Charles Street. There is a gatehouse just past Kumari on the right side of the street. Click here for a map showing parking lot and entrance.
Some things about the party that you haven’t read about will, no doubt, build excitement in anticipation of Saturday night. There are a large number of terrific Silent Auction items that have been generously donated this year. These will highlight a number of local businesses and institutions and should make for an interesting evening of bidding. We will also be adding some feats of dexterity to the evening that will give folks a shot at some Groundhog & Baltimore Architecture themed prizes, not to mention the notoriety of seeing one’s name at the top of the leaderboard.
This year’s silent auction is overflowing with terrific lots. Some of the auction items that will be up for bid include:
- Romantic 3 course dinner with wine for two at Woodberry Kitchen
- Gift Certificate for “Complete Balance” treatment, lasts approx. 4 ½ hours, includes organic skin care body treatment, organic facial, massage, manicure, pedicure and shampoo and blow-dry. $280 value from All About Me Salon + Day Spa
- Bottle of Champagne (France) from Spirits of Mt. Vernon
- Two subscriptions for the JHU Odyssey Program, Baltimore or Bust: What Baltimore Gained During the Great Boom and What Remains To Be Done
- Original portrait from sitting (subject of bidder’s choice) by David Herman
- Kohler kitchen faucets (2 separate bid items)
- Original artwork, Baltimore themed, from Bob Quilter
- 4 admit-two passes to the Charles Theatre
- Greening your home consultation ($300 value) with Polly Bart of Green Builders, Inc.
- Decorative item from Housewerks architectural antiques
- Vitra MedaPal Office Chair from Douron
- Gift certificate for haircut & product by Barbara Johnson of NV Salon Collective
- Two ticket vouchers (2 tickets each) for performance(s) of one’s choice at the Peabody Institute
- Lecture Series & Membership to Evergreen
- Organic Chocolates by Chocolaterra
- Decorative object from McClain Wiesand
- Baltimore Architecture Memorabilia basket
- and more!
Games of Skill
This year we are featuring two games of skill with some exciting prizes on offer for the guests demonstrating the best talent for tossing stuffed groundhogs through a hole. We will also be offering prizes for the guests who demonstrate their skill with a putter in our Groundhog putting game.
We look forward to a great evening of fun in support of a great cause.